Search This Blog

Tuesday 22 June 2010

All good things must come to a close...

Well it's my final day of staycation. I can't believe a week and a bit has already passed. Today is really my "scheduled day off" on account of having to work on Saturday. Seeing as it fell on a Tuesday I opted to ask my employer to dip into my bank of saved hours and add Monday to my week of vacation to extend it out a few more days. For the most part my time off has been glorious. There was some poopy stuff - girlie days practically halting my life for 2 days at the first of last week, and since Saturday I've been fighting yet another bout of freaking pink eye... But, I did get a lot of chillaxin' done. I cleaned house (well, except for dusting - but if you've been coming around here for any amount of time, you know my stand on that ;)). I even rooted through my closet again and found yet another full blue bag of stuff to donate to the Diabetes Foundation (and April, you'll be happy to know that the blue bag is GONE from my car already!). As well, I managed to get the tires finally changed on the car (at least they weren't studded - man I'm such a procrastinator). I hope my doing so doesn't bring on some freak July storm or anything.

So no big road trips or big spending sprees, but I guess my wallet is better for it. I'm currently soaking up a few rays on the deck as I type...it's glorious indeed :). Back to the grind tomorrow. I had a nail appointment this morning - the first day in ten days since I had to wake up to the alarm going off. Too bad - I think I could've gotten used to that....

Happy Tuesday!

No comments: