Search This Blog

Thursday 24 June 2010

Here I go again....

So I've been contemplating getting a perm. Do you think that might help disguise the nasty, dull, flat, frizzy MESS that is humidity hair*?

Bah!

'Oh there she goes, back to work from vacation and now the inane complaints begin'.
Hi! Did you miss me? Heh.

So yeah, my "favourite" part of summer. The humidity. The blinding headaches and dizziness. The painful joints. The disgusting sticky layer on EVERYTHING! And, it's only the beginning. I'm desperately trying to work through without complaining, and I've topped up my supply of extra strength Ibuprofen...along with allergy pills. The way I figure it, there MUST be something in the air that causes my dizzying, blasting headaches that appear at the same time, like clock-work, every year. Just hope it's ok to mix the two ;). The "cocktail" seemed to work yesterday so perhaps I've finally found some relief? Gotta hand it to the blog - at least it helped me document those symptoms to 'prove' that it potentially is a seasonal/potential allergy to something, as I've read back 3 years and have the same litany of complaints each year at this time.

Hmmmm....full moon, you say? 'Never would have guessed it', she sneers, oozing in sarcasm.

*Oh, and if anyone out there has any sure-all product that you can recommend to combat humidity hair --- PLEEEEEEEEEASSSE share!! :)

2 comments:

Sizzle said...

I am not a fan of humidity. That's why I live in the PNW. :-)

I got a perm once. Most ridiculous hair style on me. I swear I looked like Carrot Top's sister. SO BAD.

Lana said...

Is it the air conditioner at work that might be causing your symptoms? I know air conditioning makes me sick. You can also ask your doctor for an allergy test. As for the hair - as someone with naturally curly hair, I say a big NO to the perm. I love Paul Mitchell's Super Skinny Serum to de-frizz my 'fro. Check out your fav. product line - it should have a de-frizz serum.