Search This Blog

Monday 7 June 2010

I can only think to title this one "Delicious"

Well I feel totally spoiled :). Another year turned on the calendar, and the love and attention I received certainly helped ease the fact that I'm now ANOTHER year older! If you're not already aware, hitting closer to your 40's entails you eat your weight in food for DAYS.

The festivities started early, beginning with a night out for supper at Pat & Willys on Wednesday night with Tanya, Erin, Rosanne & Julie. We shared many giggles, and our conversation spanned allllll over the place! You know you're in the company of best friends when you can discuss certain topics without so much as a blink of the eye. Thanks girlies! Thanks also for your thoughtful generosity as well with the awesome prezzies :) xoxo.

Thursday I arrived at work to find a surprise container of double-chocolate chip cookies, courtesy of Superdave, one of my partners in crime. I've only hounded him for 6 mos to make me cookies... ;). Thanks Dave -- they were to die for! Thursday night, Momma took Chris & I out for supper to celebrate my BD. We opted for Chinese, and originally had intended on going to the location close to Mom's as we always love the food there. Chris really wanted a buffet (hey he wanted to ensure Momma got her money's worth, what can I say?), so we instead ended up at the International. It was the first time I'd been there in a realllllly long time, and it will be the last. The food was gross. Thanks anyway, Momma!! Next time, we shall not listen to dear Christopher! :)

Friday, the lovely Dina made me a deeeeeeeeliciously delightful homemade carrot cake and took it with her to work. Thankfully I work amongst a group of people who are more than willing to help rid the place of special treats. In addition to the cake, I was met with a few very thoughtful and generous gifts from Dina, Jeannette & Melissa...thanks to you so much, my dear friends! xo. Friday night, Chris & I and the Moshers went to eat at Boston Pizza. The food was completely second to the laughs. Oh how we enjoy time spent with the Moshers! Thanks Smurf & G! ;)

Saturday, since we forgot to replenish our stock of syrup for a pancake breakfast in bed, Chris ended up taking me out to breakfast. We went to Cora's, and it was DELISH. From there, we went for a short walk and waltzed in and out of a few shops at the Mall before the rain started, so we then headed home. Chris then revealed his gift to me, including two new Bon Jovi DVD's. The remainder of the afternoon was spent drooling and singing along to my Bon Bon as the rain spilled outside. Saturday evening Lana & I did our traditional birthday shawarma celebration at Cedars - it was predictably delicious. A quick stop for an over-priced-fattening-beyond-fattening hot beverage from Starbucks ended dinner, then we moved onward to Lana's to complete dessert with a little Patrick Swayze and Dirty Dancing! The boys joined us later on in the evening, and they jammed while we sang until we couldn't keep our eyes open any longer.

Sunday Chris made me a homemade breakfast that easily eclipsed what I'd had the day before at Cora's -- thanks hunny :), it was fabulous! We then went for a drive, went to one Open House and then headed onward to Chris' parents', where his mom made me a DELICIOUS lasagna supper, complete with a slice of pecan caramel cheesecake for dessert.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you to ALL for making this an unforgettable birthday. I'll be wearing my eating pants for a few days......I think I gained about 10 lbs from the weekend alone. Perhaps it wasn't really a coincidence that Chris' mom's bathroom scale was missing yesterday?

No comments: