Search This Blog

Tuesday 2 February 2010

Groundhog Day

Well, as far as this end of the world goes, the little critter saw his shadow this morning. I'm surprised he ventured out at all, on account of the windchill being around the -35 degree Celcius mark (if any of my readers are used to the Faherenheit scale, that's frickin' COLD). So ya'll know what that means...another 6 weeks of winter. Seeing as our winter only just began, I suppose it's not that bad. I gotta say I'm still missing my car starter though. There's only so much to be said about roasty toasty butt cheeks when the rest of you is an icicle...not to mention how unnatural it actually feels to have that much warmth emanating out of your posterior region.

Speaking of groundhog day. Did you hear that PETA is proposing to replace the little guy with a robot? While I'm all for the ethical and humane treatment of animals too, I think this goes a little far. Publicity indeed. Perhaps a member of PETA would be willing to hibernate in a warm location and wake up & open the door on Feb 2 to see if he or she sees his shadow? Heck, I'm all for a little hibernation. Where do I sign up?

1 comment:

Lana said...

I watched a cheesy movie the other night and my fav. line was, "I'm a member of PETA - People for the Eatin' of Tasty Animals"
Hee hee hee!