Search This Blog

Tuesday 16 February 2010

A bit of an update...

For the most part, aside from a few additions to prove I'm a complete reality-show junkie, this blog serves as a journal for me. I can account my mindless routine so that I have something to fall back on to help me step back into the past, if need be. Posts like this are never very riveting or insightful - they're more for me. I suppose though, if you don't like reading this sort of thing, then, why're you here anyway? :P

The first weekend of the month I helped organize a gathering to celebrate Chris' birthday. I think it went over well. We had supper at Hunter's Ale House before heading onward to Doolys to shoot some pool. I rented the private room, and we filled the room beyond the expected capacity. Chris had several cold beverages and easily found his 'happy place'. I hope everyone had a good time. Thanks to all who came by!

Saturday that just went by, I joined Angela, Shelley, Maria & LA in Summerside for a scrapbooking class and then we headed back into town and to Angela's to scrap the rest of the afternoon and evening. It was so nice getting a bit of a craft mojo going again - hopefully enough to spur on some more creativity for future get togethers. Thanks ladies!

Sunday I had a hot date with myself for Valentines Day. On account of the Jack Frost weekend falling on V-Day, Chris was gone all weekend long. I got up mid-morning to tidy the house and finish the laundry (after getting a head start Friday night. That was so smart! Only two loads to do on Sunday. That's UNHEARD of!). Thereafter, I nestled myself into the most comfy pjs I own under a fuzzy blanket & caught up on a few of my favourite shows, and then got to reading a new book. I started, and finished Dewey - a must-read if you have an affection for cats. I loved to read the story of little Dewey and his rescue and warm, happy and lucky life. My heart broke into a million pieces when it had to end.

Tonight I joined Tanya, Erin, Julie & Pam at the movies to take in Valentines Day. It wasn't a movie with any insightful message or one to make you think about how you're going to try to save the world, but it was fantastically entertaining. It had an all-star cast, a few surprise twists, made me laugh out loud and shed a tiny little tear. I totally recommend it (oh and a bare-chested Eric Dane on the big screen? Icing on the sundae... mmmm, mmmmm mmmmm!).

Hope your week is going well!

No comments: