Search This Blog

Monday 22 February 2010

Snow Fun!

After a long week of learning (training for yet another new role for my job - exciting change, just my poor little brain isn't used to staying open to retain new things!), I was happy to acknowledge 'no plans' for the weekend. I welcomed a self-appointed "jammie" weekend, and I did keep my word to myself. There was lounging. There was napping. There was Dexter watching. There was some Olympic watching. Each night we went to bed early, and we (well, I) slept late. It was glorious. Despite all the lounging, there was housework that also needed doing. Despite Chris' urging to come out and play in the snow with him, I declined and cleaned the house yesterday afternoon.

Chris likes to create things in the snow. One year he'd constructed a VW Bug on the front lawn. Another, he'd made a terrific archway at the end of the walkway. He likes to be original, and sculpt something new each year.

Yesterday went something like this:

"Hey Amber, can you look up a picture of Snoopy on his house for me (on the Internet)?"

{The picture shamelessly stolen from the Internet is the exact same coin bank that I had as a child (likely a hand-me-down from my older brother or sister). I've always had a bit of a crush on Snoopy}

Followed by:

"How would you like that in our front yard?"

And so he went.

A few hours later, he tapped on the window, asking me to look up a picture of Charlie Brown. I complied once more.

It continued to snow after the masterpiece was finished, so a bit of the detail is lost, but here is a picture of his talents:

Methinks Christopher has spent too many hours at the Jack Frost Festival ;). All joking aside, he did a great job. Unfortunately today's mild temperatures resulted in an unfortunate incident for poor Charlie Brown. The structural integrity of his head was compromised, and its weight resulted in an untimely decapitation. The rest still stands, though. If yer in the 'hood, be sure to drive by to see the Headless Charlie Brown.

No comments: