Search This Blog

Thursday 4 February 2010

Dear Hamilton Beach...

Why must you toy with me so? And at such an early hour of the morning. Every morning.

We replaced our aging model Hamilton Beach "Brew Station" with their new and "improved" model. I enjoy the fact that it keeps the coffee hot for up to an hour longer. I enjoy the easy to use functionality and the speed at which a full pot of freshly brewed coffee is rendered. I would have to say that since replacing our old one with a newer model, our coffee has never tasted better.

But the delivery.

Oh the delivery.

For the love of the sweet baby jesus what did you DO with the pour spout, Hamilton Beach? Not only is it ridiculously tedious to try to fit our standard travel mug under the spout to fill it (the pic is BEYOND deceiving), but every day I'm wiping up a mess of spewed hot coffee from the side and bottom of my travel mug, the counter, the dishwasher underneath the counter where the coffee maker is located, and the HUGE puddle on the floor at my feet. EVERY day. I've tried going at it at different angles. I've tried whispering sweet nothings to it. I've tried cursing at it (oh have I cursed!).

The only positive sidenote I can add about the delivery is the fact that I've somehow managed to avoid getting the spill on my clothing and having to send you my dry cleaning bill.

What's that saying? If it ain't broke, don't fix it? The previous model never spilled. Boooooo Hamilton Beach --- Booooooooooooooo. I guess we should have sprung for that Keurig after all.

No comments: