Search This Blog

Thursday 30 April 2009

Stupid things about me II

See Part 1 here.

-I like to "unwrap" my cinnamon rolls, KitKat bars, and Ferrero Rocher chocolates by eating them one sweet layer at a time.
-when I was in junior high I used to re-write my scribblers because I had an anal-retentive need to have them all as neat as possible. I would even underline headings in red pen, with a ruler. Thank goodness I've unclenched since then.
-I can't wear socks to bed.
-I hate it when my socks get wet.
-I hate it when my socks twist on my foot.
-I cannot sleep unless I'm covered up. I have to at least have a sheet covering me in bed at night in the summer, regardless of how warm it is.
-I hate, hate, hate, hate wearing high heels.
-If I don't start the day without at least one cup of coffee my day is a complete write-off.
-If my day starts off bad, it ends bad. Some people say I lead it that way with a self-fulfilled phrophecy type thing. I just think it's karma.
-I sometimes look at others wearing the new 'trendy' looks, and wish I could pull off the same look.
-I can't do a 'raspberry' with my tongue.
-I like my oatmeal a little paste-y. It grosses people out.
-I migrate to the same bathroom stall at work on potty breaks.
-I dislike apple sauce, curry, turnip, & sweet potatoes.
-I'm fruit-finicky - I will only eat crunchy, firm grapes. If they're any bit soft, they're turfed. I won't eat a banana or apple with bruises, either.
-I love storms, thunder or otherwise (as long as I'm not driving). Chris & I have gone so far as chasing thunderstorms, and there's nothing better than being nestled under a blanket with a good book or a good movie when it's snowing and blustery outside.
-I can't stand hearing someone moving & pressing their fingers along a fresh fold in a piece of paper. It's akin to someone putting their nails down a chalkboard to me.
-I adore receiving snail mail letters and cards, though it happens so very rarely.
-I can be completely satisfied taking one day a weekend and doing absolutely nothing other than lazing in my pjs with a blanket, laptop, good movie or a good book. Heck, I could easily do that for both days of my weekend.
-I grew up being overly trustworthy...now it takes a long time to earn my trust.
-I can't swim.
-I can't parallel park.
-3 jobs from my past that I really enjoyed were lost not by my choice...all 3 businesses closed. I used to think I was a bad luck charm.
-I check my email a ridiculous amount of times in the run of a day.
-sometimes I have a harder time coming up with a title to my posts than the post itself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post Amber!! I laughed out loud a few times and realize we have A LOT in common!! Miss you, Tanya

Lana said...

Don't forget the raisins!!