Search This Blog

Thursday 16 April 2009

Simon, you're my Idol

I was perusing the CNN website today and there was a header exclaiming, "which judge might leave American Idol?". I hadn't heard this prior, so it was a surprise to me that anyone was thinking of ousting their role. For a brief moment I thought perhaps it was Kara - perhaps she felt she didn't have it in her to continue as she's constantly fighting for the spotlight when commentating. Then, for a moment I prayed to the baby Jesus that it would be Paula - that finally the drug addiction had gotten the best of her and she had to go into a cloistered rehab program or something.

But no. It's not Kara. It's not Paula. It's...it's...Simon!

I'm deeply, deeply distraught at the idea of this. He has one year left of his contract, and then.....

Cowell, 49, has been with the show since its first season in 2002. Though he has a great attachment to the show, "at some point, a decision will have to be made," he said.

Full story:


There's a strong chance that my weekly AI posts will be lost with the loss of Simon... No Simon means more Paula, and more Paula makes Amber cry inside.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think if Simon leaves you won't be seeing Paula on the show either.

"If he departs, I'll go with him" she has said.

Personally I want them both to stay.

Lana said...

personally I think the show has outlived it's popularity. I would not shed a tear if the show was cancelled.