Search This Blog

Tuesday 14 April 2009

Seven

Movie hits, eh. Ok. Sorry to say that Mummy's commentary will be missing this week since I'm on the late shift and just got home from work. Might I just add that I'm totally bummed that we don't hear Simon's commentary for every performer?

Allison Iraheta - "Don't Wanna Miss a Thing" ~ I wondered who'd do this number when I heard they were singing movie songs. Yes, she can sing. No question...however, I'm getting slightly bored...I want to see her challenge herself...go outside of her realm, perhaps? Maybe soften it up a bit? Maybe I'm just really cranky right now and I'm going to be overly critical no matter what I hear tonight? Read on and find out!
Anoop Desai - "Everything I Do..." ~ he actually gave me goosebumps...though I'm not 100% convinced it was just the voice since it was pretty cold in the room. Seriously though...a nice job, a nice lyric...he's redeemed himself for another week.
Adam Lambert - "Born to Be Wild" ~ an "electronic" version...this should be...interesting. Let's just say witnessing this did NOTHING to aid in my cranky mood. Here he goes again with the nut grabs....right then left, respectively. I may be the only one to say this, but I.didn't.like.it. Soften it up a little already, Adam.
Matt Girard - "To Love a Woman" ~ I adore this song...ah, more goosebumps. And this time I'm covered in a blanket, so I'm going to say that it was the voice. Uh oh...the goosebumps have left when he started hitting those high notes. I um...wow...good luck, Matty.
Matt Gokey - "Endless Love" ~ A harp???! A little sketchy in spots...but in all, a nice version of the song.
Kris Allen - "Fallin' Slowly" ~ I think he did a lovely job of that!
Lil Rounds - "The Rose" ~ I hated it. She's too full of herself, and I feel it just might (finally) lead to her demise.

Bottom 3: Lil, Adam, and sad to say, Matt. Going home: LIL

1 comment:

Lana said...

you've been spot on with your predictions lately, so I'll agree with you on your bottom 3. Lil is now the "favourite" of the Vote for the Worst fan club, so let's see how dedicated they still are. As for Adam, I really do not enjoy him at all! I really don't understand the fawning from the judges and I must say I LOVED Lil's version of The Rose. However, I think, at this point, the judges have already decided and would critique her no matter what.