Search This Blog

Wednesday 22 April 2009

Still at 7

I'm nestled in with a big fuzzy blanket, homemade slippers (Cathy - you NEED to make me a pair of these!), and a peppermint tea at Mom's as we await tonight's AI. It's pouring rain outside... We just got back from supper out, and think we're going to make this Tuesday night girl night a ritual of sorts, and if that is the case, for as long as American Idol is on, you can also enjoy her comments on what we've witnessed.

And onward to Disco night...
  • Lil Rounds "I'm Every Woman" ~ Typical screechy mess. I'm glad she went first to get it over with, frankly. Mom's take: "Eughh...Agony. Go home."
  • Kris Allen "She Works Hard for the Money" ~ interesting song choice...Very original! I enjoyed it. Mom: "This is agonizing too...Do you like that??!" Me: "Yes". Mom: "Good for you!....He is cute though."
  • Danny Gokey "September" ~ Done in the key of Gokey....I'm discovering that every.single.song he sings sounds the exact same - does this make it "original" though? Meh. Mom: "I don't think I like the disco music, Amber. Do they have any good stuff?"
  • Allison Iraheta "Hot Stuff" ~ Kinda the same as Danny...she's sounding the same each week. There's no question that she can sing, though. I would really like her to hear her slow it down and show a vulnerable side. Mom: "She's good. It's just terrible music, that's all." ... "I bet Lil doesn't like these comments! *giggle* {in reference to the judges' kudos to Allison}
  • Adam Lambert "If I Can't Have You" ~ I thought I wanted to see a softer side of Adam...I appreciate the effort, and for the most part, didn't mind it. AI is not the place for him...he totally belongs on Broadway if you ask me. Mom: "Pretty good, I guess".
  • Matt Girard "Stayin' Alive" ~ Let's hope the song is a metaphor for his time in the competition. He modernized an old classic and aside from the final note, I enjoyed it. Mom: "As good as it could be, I guess." .... To Paula: "You should go down the gutter, with your ball." (I am my mummy's daughter).
  • Anoop Desai "Dim all the Lights" ~ Pretty in pink? Erm...NO. I hated it. Hated it. Mom concurred: "Just terrible, effing terrible. Agonizing".
Bottom three: Lil, Anoop & Matt
Going home: LIL and Anoop if we're lucky

Final thoughts from Mummy: "That was a terrible hour, Amber".

No comments: