Search This Blog

Friday 3 April 2009

Eye'M Resting

So I'm housebound with pink eye. My left eye was really red on Tuesday so that night after work I got some Polysporin drops, but it just seemed to get worse. So, I called in sick on Wednesday and spent the day dropping drops, and in and out of a sleep-induced state (it felt better to keep the eyelid closed, and you all know how much I love a good nap). Thursday morning, it didn't seem to be much better, so I called in again and told my manager that I'd be going to a clinic. Luckily, I was able to get into my own doctor at a moment's notice instead, so I was able to elude a bazillion germs by not going to an infested waiting area and being stuck there for 4 hours. Dr. Matheson confirmed my suspicions that it was contagious conjunctivis (makes it sound so disgusting, doesn't it?), and suggested I take today off work as well and gave me a stronger antibiotic drug for treatment. So, I inadvertently got a long weekend, and despite a bit of discomfort and pain in my eye, I've enjoyed a few days of R&R on the couch, TV, and my laptop, so it's not all bad. From what I read, the pink eye is no longer 'contagious' once the symptoms disappear, and I think I'm a few drops away from that, so I might be able to go out into the fresh air on the weekend (*fingers crossed*).

In light of last night's finale*, I've been watching old episodes of ER today. I found a few on tvshack, and reliving some key moments in the history of the show (like "Twenty-One Guns" from Season 12....possibly one of the most exciting shows!). *Sigh* I shall sorely miss this show. One can only hope that showing Carter's new clinic might open up the possibility of a spin-off,...though from what I've read, the producers deny such a possibility. Is there a petition I can sign to get us closer to such a reality? Surely with enough fan-based prodding, perhaps someone in the higher-up position at NBC might reconsider?

I watch too much tv**.

*Oh, and by the way, gotta say I'm PISSED about missing the ER Retrospective hour that apparently only NBC was carrying... Chris found out about it by the countless Twitter posts about the end of life at County General, and by that point, it was way too late (aside from the minute and a half intervals I went to the NBC station during the commercial breaks, and copious tears, as one of those commercial breaks happened to be a recall of Mark's speech to Rachel before he dies). And PARDON ME for living in CANADA...the website says 'watch it here', so I try, only to be told it's not available in my 'location'. Grr... So, Chris is going to try to find it on a torrent...

**I really, really do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, I just happen to have all 3 hours of ER taped if you care to borrow.

La

Amber said...

oooh...thank you LA!! I just might take you up on that offer!