Search This Blog

Wednesday 29 April 2009

The Top 5

Sorry late posting, peeps...was too late when I returned home from Mummy's to post last night. I took notes though, so fear not ;).

A night of classics...the standards from the Rat Pack to grade....Upon hearing the 'theme' of the night Mom was a little skeptical: "I don't know what they'll do with that....". And here we go:
  • Kris Allen, "The Way You Look Tonight" ~ Soft & sweet with an edgy flair to modernize an old classic if you ask me. Well done. He likely won't win it, but I'd like to see him in the Top 3. Mom wasn't as enthused: "He doesn't sound like the Rat Pack, Amber". Methinks Mummy prefers the songs as they were sung 'back in the day'. She still attests to Kris' good looks however, "But he is cute, isn't he? It was ok; it wasn't wonderful".
  • Allison Iraheta, "Someone to Watch Over Me" ~ Finally she slows it down to showcase her voice, and Jaysas that girl has pipes! Well done - A huge contender. Mom: "Alright. It didn't knock me over. I don't like any of them much if you want the God's truth".
  • Matt Girard, "My Funny Valentine" ~ I didn't love it; I didn't hate it. Mediocre at best...and I think ol Matty has reached the end of the line. Mummy was a bit more harsh: "Another torturous performance. I didn't like him. I was in agony".
  • Danny Gokey, "Come Rain or Come Shine" ~ A good, solid performance. He killed it, really. Mom was equally impressed: "He sang it like they're supposed to. I don't think that he was really too bad!" (she doesn't give away the farm).
  • Adam Lambert, "Feeling Good" ~ First of all, that entrance was unnecessary, and the shiny white (leather??!) was all shades of wrong. The song itself? If you ask me, just another showcase of crushed nuts. I don't like him. I've been over him for WEEKS. Broadway my friend, Broadway...not my radio or Ipod. Mom: "I hate this piece of music!". On the performance, she was a bit more forgiving: "I guess he's ok if you like him".

Bottom: Matt - history repeats itself; Allison - based purely on Simon's commentary; Adam - just because I want him there.

Going home: Matt

2 comments:

Lana said...

the amazing kreskin strikes again!! you're starting to creep me out a bit...

Amber said...

I'm starting to creep myself out a bit. Perhaps I can replace Simon? :P