Search This Blog

Tuesday 15 December 2009

Fa la la la la.....blah.

The days keep on slipping by...the tree isn't up yet. There are no decorations on display. The only thing I've managed to accomplish is to get the cards in the mail. I hope to get the tree up this evening*, but we'll see. Put it this way - I'm not holding my breath!

Sunday night I joined Angela, Laurie Anne, Shelley, & Maria for supper at ESM. It was lovely to see them all again and it was a nice break - just what I needed. I had yesterday off, and though there wasn't any Christmas prep accomplished, it was a productive day nonetheless, including shopping for some much needed groceries, putting said cards in the mail, and doing a major clean up of the house. Lana, God bless her heart, popped over last night at suppertime and made Chris and I supper - complete with appetizer, main course and a delicious cheesecake for dessert. You're such a sweetheart, Lana -- thank you so much, again. We love you...xo.

*pre-post update: in all likelihood, no tree tonight. The Picture Guy (ie, Chris) needs help sorting orders. If we slam through those, sweatshop-style, who knows what we might have room for. Otherwise, we might get 'er up by next week.

Hope your prepping is going a bit more smoothly :). Ready or not, the day will come, and in the larger scheme of things, does it really matter whether or tree is up and twinkling? No :). In your own hustle and bustle that is the season, do keep in mind the true meaning of Christmas....

No comments: