Search This Blog

Tuesday 22 December 2009

Deck the halls...

So Friday night I opted out of a work Christmas gathering to muckle onto Chris when he had a free moment to breathe and obtain his help for making our home 'festive'. We had a beer, ordered take-out pizza, and started the labor-intensive decorating. I lost his help to Home Alone on the tv pretty much after the tree was standing and lit, though. I'm probably a better decorator, anyway, truth be told :). By the time the tree was done and other little festive accessories were out we had a decorated "mess", with all the boxes and stuff in the middle of it all. I really should have taken pictures. So it was about 1am before I had cleaned up the messy part and could sit and relax for a bit.

Saturday I had a brief stop at the mall (it was insane!) and wrapped my remaining gifts, and even a few for Chris' family (how great am I?). It was much nicer wrapping with a lit Christmas tree and the yule log channel on in the background. Saturday night, Chris and I attended the Annual Saturday before Christmas Party at the Ostridge's. Merriment, good eats, and great times spent with great friends were a perfect combination. Thank you Ostridge's!! We love you :).

Chris' grandfather is now home. He has his oxygen tank that he can take with him, which helps keep him mobile around the house. They are not treating the cancer. He's spending his last days at home. His grandmother knows that she has her husband home until she has to call 911... We are going to get over to Truro to see him at some point, but the doctors have ordered a quiet Christmas for Charlie, so the family has to visit in small groupings. I hope we get over there in time :(. In all likelihood, this will be Charlie's last Christmas, and Chris' mom has expressed the fact that she 'doesn't expect that he'll last very long'. I'm glad that he's home.

Please, in all the hustle and bustle that comes with this holiday, take a moment to count your blessings. Search for the true meaning of Christmas, and keep your family and loved ones close by.

No comments: