Search This Blog

Friday 9 October 2009

A pleasant evening

I'm just back home from the Dave Gunning/Jessica Rhaye concert at the Mack. It was the first time Chris or I had heard either live. I enjoyed it a lot. Dave is a fantastic story teller in between his songs, and I just loved, "These Roads", which he ended the night with (prior to his encore), getting the whole crowd to participate in the chorus. There's just something about hearing a live audience in harmony...just gives me goosebumps!

They played to a nearly packed crowd, and the audience was very courteous. I highly encourage you all to take in a show of either of theirs the next time they're in town.

Holy crap, am I really a fan of folk music? I never, ever thought I'd actually say that...but yeah, I think I am! There's so much depth, emotion and realism to the lyrics...and a story. It's always about the story, isn't it?

Well this ol gal is tiiiirrred...and it's cold in here... I can hardly wait to jammie up and burrow deep down into them covers...and I look completely forward to an unforgiving sleep in tomorrow......... Happy Weekend, folks! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Folk music stinks

Lana said...

if you had asked me a month ago which one of us was more likely to appreciate that concert, I never would have believed I would have been the one leaving at intermission. I just couldn't handle it any longer. I'm glad you guys liked it though.