Search This Blog

Tuesday 27 October 2009

Point form...

Holy heck don't count how many days have lapsed since my last post, mmmmkay? Lemme see if I can give you the Coles notes version of what's been keeping me from posting:

-Friday my work week finally ended at 9:15pm and I joined Lana, Lori & Tracy at the 42nd Street Lounge. It's a great little spot to relax - very cozy, dimly lit, comfy chairs...great date spot, really. I'd suggest maybe not on a Friday night for an intimate date though, as the place was hopping! It was lovely getting to see my girlies again. Oh, and I've discovered a new favourite cocktail...A Love Affair martini. It really totally is.
-Saturday morning I was up early to scrounge some stuff together to head to the Brackley Commons to meet up with the scrappers for a day of crafting. I've really lost my crafting mojo and I was hoping to get it back. Turns out I really didn't pack a lot to work with... I did manage to start a 6x6 book to use as a gift for...someone?? I worked at that until I had no pieces left and then decided to pack it in. I arrived home, very tired, so decided to lie down for a spell. 3 hours later I woke up in the dark...it was pouring rain and very windy...so Chris & I just had a quiet night in.
-Sunday I had a lazy start - with a pancake breakfast, lots of coffee and a movie (The Pursuit of Happyness -- good flick...puts stuff in perspective!). Sunday night, Marco & Krissy joined Chris & I and Lana and her family at the Haunted Lowther Farm. It wasn't nearly as creepy as last year...and I really only got spooked once, thanks to Marco for grabbing at my ankles! I suppose it might have been because we had been there last year and knew what to expect. They put on a good scare though, for the unsuspecting!
-Monday was Day 1 of my 'staycation'...and I did next to nothing, and I planned it that way. I got caught up on a few blogs, played way too much PathWords on FB, and watched shameless daytime television (all after sleeping in to an embarrassing hour, that is). Do I feel a little guilty for 'wasting' my day? Nope!
-Today I joined Melissa & Amanda for a lunch at the Dublin. It was so great to see Amanda up and around! That girl had been in a major car accident in July, doing a big number on her back. She's lucky to be alive, really, and is doing so well. Glad to see it Amanda! Her positive outlook & attitude have undoubtedly aided in her mending...and I think everyone could take a lesson from her attitude! I hope you continue down the path of recovery, girl.

There you are - you're up to date! I have more plans to fill up the rest of my week...tomorrow my momma and I are having a girlie day, and Thursday is the big Matt Andersen show! Friday I'm going to take in the Rocky Horror Show being put on by ACT (starring the lovely Lana!), and then Saturday will be busy getting ready to scare the little hoodlets on Halloween night (they love it). Hope your week is going well!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - sounds like you have a busy week ahead of you!

Anonymous said...

more updates please