Search This Blog

Monday 5 October 2009

A post from the road

So I'm sitting in the living room at BovaEstates, watching the blue jays and the chickadees peck away between the various bird feeders, while Matt's latest CD plays in the background. This is all thanks to the courteous hospitality of ColleenB! She put us up last night so we didn't have to drive back to Ctown from Saint John. Colleen, you're a true angel - thank you, thank you, thank you so much! Your kindness and generosity will come back to you tenfold!

I can't thank Colleen enough, and I can't say enough good things about the Matt & Friends extravaganza that we were fortunate enough to witness last night. Killer, killer, killer show. I will recount the night, complete with photos, upon my return home.

Today we're going to head to Backstreet Records in Saint John, where Matt is playing a few tunes and signing a few autographs. We have to pick up his latest disc, so we'll have another opportunity to hear a few more songs, which is extremely cool. We won't have long to wait to see him again, either, with his upcoming show at the Confed Centre on Oct 29! Those of you who have not yet seen Matt play, consider this a weighty kick in the arse to get out and get your tickets NOW before they sell out!

I was just about to post this when Chris opened the bathroom door to tell me he couldn't figure out how to turn the shower on... He asked me to google it... Thankfully, we did find the answer, but the question posed leading up the answer sets it up quite nicely, and paraphrases basically the situation we found ourselves in, so I will quote it:

I just moved into a new place and it has this shower system installed. I feel silly for asking this, but where is the damn button that I press to make the water come out of the showerhead and not the faucet? I tried pushing it. I tried pulling it. I tried twisting in ways that if I were a shower system, i'd feel molested--but no. So to everyone out there, what are the magic words that I must utter for it to open sesame? Thanks!

Now that we've figured out that little task, I'm off to the loo... Happy Monday everyone!!!!!!!

No comments: