Search This Blog

Tuesday 13 October 2009

Thanksgiving, after all, is a word of action.

I know I should be posting about the wonderfulness of life and what makes me spread my arms out in the air and shout up into the sky, "THANK YOU!!!!"...and herein, I will do my utmost to list a few of those wonderous things that make me so appreciative. However, might I also just say that it pains me just to put my fingers atop the keys to make these words appear? I feel like arse...and though I could easily claim that I've been bitten by the nasty flu bug or some such thing, I know that in all likelihood the blame falls more on the over-abundance of wine consumed at the Pepperoni Palance on Sunday past. Oy vey - Kimberley, thank you so much for your hospitality and your generosity with your mum's homemade wine. By golly, do let her know that her last batch certainly packs a punch, though! I'm not as young as I used to be. The sole glass of water and 2 ibuprofen I popped prior to getting to bed early Monday morning (don't think I heard the roosters calling yet, but it was close) did very little to aid in an easy wake up yesterday. Suffice it to say that I moved from the bed to the couch at about noon time. I finally ate something by about 3:30-4:00pm. I finally managed to shower at about 6:30pm. The laundry went untouched; the housework went undone.

This morning my head is still doing it's internal Riverdance routine. My stomach is still queasy and I ache all over.

Awesome.

So yeah, the reason for my post... Thanksgiving is just behind me, so here are a few things I feel thankful for (in no particular order):
-my sight
-my hearing
-my ability to walk
-my family
-my friends
-my Christopher
-my furbabies
-my freedom
-my house
-my memories
-my tastebuds

Don't forget to take a moment to consider and realize just what it is you are thankful for.

No comments: