Search This Blog

Thursday 15 October 2009

Down she went, like a pile of rocks...

So it was cold this morning.

Cold enough for frost.

Frost + wooden deck = slippery surface.

Amber in slippers + frost + wooden deck = messy ass-plant on deck.

I was following my traditional morning routine...shower, cat dishes, make the coffee, scoop the litter, take litter refuse to refuse container outside. I do it every morning. This morning my slippered foot went *swooooosh* from underneath me faster than I could blink and I went *CRACK* down on my arse & right hand and then somehow must have teetered til all of my gargantuan weight then landed down on my left knee cap. The same knee cap that has riddled me with pain, swelling, immobilization, etc for years. The same knee that will undoubtably cripple me up before my time.

F-WORD!

I was in so much agony I immediately transported myself back to the days of a whiny school girl and my lip quivered and I have to admit, I cried like a little baby for a few minutes... from the pain, as well as the impending pain I knew another crack at my knee will suffer over time.

Like a big girl, I popped a few ibuprofen and dusted myself off soon after, and am now hobbling around like a gimp.

I hope the rest of you made it to work unscathed.

1 comment:

Lana said...

Ouch! I hope you are not in too much pain! Are you up for a trip to the Haunted farm?