Search This Blog

Thursday 22 October 2009

Let's turn that frown upside down...

So I'm working nights this week. Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday I took advantage of this fact and slept in as late as I could before it would end up making me late for work. Today, however, I got up early to make a 9am nail appointment. My nail lady works out of her home, and she and her cute dog Jasmine are always promptly waiting for me at the door as I pull up. Today, the house wasn't as welcoming. Her car wasn't in the driveway, and the front door was closed. There was no familiar bark when I rang the doorbell. I go to my purse to retrieve my cell to give her a call. Dead. Of course. So I truck back home to plug in the cell and see if she's left me a message. No. No message. So I call, asking if we had an appointment this morning at 9am...., "No Amber, you're booked in for tomorrow morning at 9". Awesome.

Sooo, seeing as a few hours opened up unexpectedly this morning I figured I at least owed you all a post. So you get to hear how my day started. I do my very best not to generate a self-fulfilled prophecy...but 9 times out of 10 when my day starts off bad the rest of the day follows suit. So, herein, I'm opting to view the positive in this. I'm still not at work. I'm back in my pjs under a blanket with my favourite girl Ellen on the tv. I don't have to get ready to go - just slip my pants back on and I'm out the door. My outfit is already picked out, so no thought there. My lunch is already made. And today's early rise will no doubt aid a quick drift to sleep this evening to enable a similar wake up time and schedule tomorrow. And, tomorrow my nails will be looking lovely. Oh, and after shift tomorrow I'm joining Lana, Lori & Tracy after work for a cocktail. And at 9:15pm tomorrow evening my work week is over, and I'm embarking on a 9 day staycation...

Look at how I turned that all around!

Oh, and last night, I caught Zoe licking my toothbrush.

Never a dull moment.

No comments: