Search This Blog

Thursday 27 August 2009

A story about a pig...

Do you know a good story-teller? I have a family of them - my mom's side specifically (that may be a biased statement too, on account of the fact that I spend the most time with her side. Anyway). Uncle Gary is in town for a visit so I've spent a few evenings this week at Mom's. Mom's family is from a teeny-weeny little Nova Scotia town and they have their own accent, so that adds to the atmosphere of the stories. If the teller starts talking too quickly I sometimes don't quite catch what they're saying. I'm sure I won't give a retelling enough justice that the story deserves, but I am struggling for good blog fodder so thought I'd share the following:

There was some discussion about a family friend who liked the drink. We'll call him Dave - for two reasons: one, to protect the innocent, and two, I can't for the life of me actually remember his name, but I'm pretty sure it's not "Dave". One night, after some good pickling no doubt, Dave decided he wanted to try to wrangle a neighbor's pig. Why he felt the need to do so I'm not sure, but nevertheless...

So Dave gets down on his haunches with hands out, full intensity and an eye on the prize, ...er pig. He sees his moment and goes for it....

*schumulzsplat!*

He missed.

He landed smack-dab in the middle of the pig poop.

He hit his head as he landed.

His false teeth fell out of his mouth...

...into the pig poop.

He picked up the teeth, brushed them off on his shirt sleeve, and stuck them back in his mouth.

I'm unsure if he ever did catch the pig.

Everyone together now...."eeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!"