Search This Blog

Tuesday 18 August 2009

Dancing to the beat in my head...

I know, I know. It's been days since I've posted. I've been in a funk lately - can't really muster up enough energy to form two cohesive sentences that work together, to be honest. I could blame it on the humidity. However, we do have an air conditioner now so that shouldn't be a major complaint (haven't yet received our first power bill with that added energy sucker, however, so that will be a complaint for a later post, no doubt). I can, however, blame my lackluster posting on an aching wrist. Perhaps the humidity is to blame for that...it always bothers me, but it's always worse this time of year. Hmmm... Add to the aching wrist an overwhelming bout of the crankies that come with the funk and you have me this past few weeks. Who needs to read posts with the likes of that? Bah! A fabulous weekend, however, is behind me, so I'll compose a note about that...

Friday night after work and after a full-out monkey week, Chris & I joined Erin, Shane, Tanya, Jared, Julie, Rosanne & Craig (and Deisel too!) on Erin & Shane's new deck. We chatted, reminisced, laughed, and a few of us consumed some cold beverages. I did my best to keep up with the boys (regardless of the taunting I received from Chris for my "lime" beer of choice). It was a much-needed beerapy session, and I thank my dear friends for having me. Now, if we could just set up regular weekly beerapy sessions, I might get somewhere ;).

Saturday we slept in (glorious a/c being moved to the bedroom), played Super Mario and then got ready to head out to Summerside. Chris had a request to shoot some photos of a tent that had been set up down there for the Fire Festival. We received an invite to come back to see the show that night. Never ones to decline free entertainment, we obliged. We ate supper at the Heritage Pub, stopped for a few Advil for me (let's just say the beerapy was a success the night prior), and headed back into town for the Fire Festival.
The tent was trimmed up in red/yellow streamers and decorations to represent fire. There were several barges lit on the water and a pathway of lit torches outside the tent, setting a very cool ambiance. The Tim Chaisson Trio started the entertainment for the night, followed by a Quebec band, Ouanani. The Chaisson's played a standard mix of local/Acadian fiddle/guitar/keyboard favorites. Tim even step-danced for a fleeting moment. Ouanani completely hyped up the crowd with their fast-paced, high energy performance. They were really good - Chris and I even ended the night by dancing to their renditition of "One Love" before leaving the tent to head home.

Sunday we slept in to an embarrassing hour -- having a late pancake brunch, and then following that with a drive down Rustico way, and stopping at Rustico beach where I waded and Chris frolicked in the water. This may go without saying, but... it's not a good idea to swim in the ocean in multi-pocketed shorts! The sand he brought back......oy vey! We grabbed a quick burger at the take-out shack by the beach and then headed home where I chilled on the couch with the lappie, did a few loads of laundry and watched Big Brother.

And here we are, smack dab in the middle of another work week, and a late shift on the calendar for me. Who do I have to contact to have a redo on my weekend? I want it back, dammit!

1 comment:

Lana said...

Ouanani (pronounced Wah-nah-ni, not oooh-nahni as they were saying on the radio), are fantastic! I saw them play in Chicoutimi last summer and was amazed! I bought their first CD and then came home to see them play at the Acadian festival last August. One of the members has family on the Island. Some of their songs are highly suggestive and sexual, but so much fun!!