Search This Blog

Monday 24 August 2009

Of beer tabs and Bill

Wow that weekend flew by! It was great though! Friday after work I met up with a few work peeps for bevvies at East Side Marios. It was much needed for all I can assure you. Thanks peeps!

Saturday brought about a lazy start with a good amount of sleeping in, pancake breakfast and a visit to Sobeys and Walmart to get a few 'just in cases' for the pending hurricane. Thereafter, Chris and I joined some friends for supper at Hunters, followed by their trivia. We cleaned up - only getting 1 answer wrong, and won a $40 bar tab to share. Yay team! With a team name like, "Stop the bus and let my friend jack off" we couldn't help but be winners anyway! It was my turn to be designated driver, so Christopher took advantage, consuming a large quantity of ale. Here's a shot of him at his peak 'happiness':
A candid of Craig and Melissa:
Thanks for a fantastic night, folks!! We can't wait to reconvene for another night of fun, laughs and beer tabs!

Sunday the Island was bracing for Hurricane Bill. Chris and I were scheduled to volunteer for the 6th Annual Corey Stevenson Memorial Golf Tournament at 7:45 am Sunday morning. As it turns out, the storm was all talk, no action, however, the tourney did end up getting cancelled anyway. It's probably for the best - better to be safe than sorry. I gotta say I wasn't relishing the idea of sitting out on a golf green in torrential rainfall and high winds. Due to our day opening up Chris and I decided to head out to 'storm chase'. The waves weren't nearly as spectacular as other places, but it was very windy. Here are a few pictures from Cavendish beach -- the one stop we made where it wasn't pouring rain:

Not necessarily a good hat day, after all:

No comments: