Search This Blog

Sunday 13 May 2007

Tribute to all Mothers


I just wanted to send a message to all the "moms" I know; you know who you are, Happy Mothers Day! I'm glad that there is one special day a year to dedicate just to our Moms. Those who brought us to life, sheltered us from harm, and let us go out into the real world to experience freedom and make our own mistakes in this thing called 'life'.

I always called my mother 'mom' growing up. When Dad was sick in hospital and my sister came to PEI to be here for it she started calling Mom "Mummy" - and it sort of stuck. Was it because of the circumstances bringing us to where we were most vulnerable, needing our guardian to once again protect us from our sadness? I'm forever grateful that she was there, and still is....I love you Mom/Mummy.

I finished my little project to give to my mom for Mother's Day. It's a 'scrapbook in a box'...saw other blogs refer to it as an 'explosive' box. It looks like a 'gift box', but when you remove the cover, it opens into a little album with many sides. I added photos of all of us, even a few recent shots of Mom; she'll hate me for them. I think it turned out nice. I also made a card. I also bought a Boyd's ornament to add to her collection.

On that note, I must bid adieu to go see my Mummy for Mother's Day.

P.S. Chris seems to think it's silly that I should also feel it fitting to celebrate today too. I am the Mother of my two furbabies. What do you think? I'm their Mummy. I feed them, clean up after them, shelter them from harm, provide them a warm place to sleep. I just think he didn't want to go buy a gift 'from them' for me today. El cheapo :P

P.P.S. Dear Mr. Horton, will you please PLEASE train your staff to STIR the coffee before throwing it out the window at your patrons?

No comments: