Search This Blog

Tuesday 22 May 2007

Catching up


It's been a few days since my last post...I've been a busy little bee! I'll try not to ramble too much.

This weekend my friend Lana was hosting a scrap weekend at her place..Friday night straight through to Monday, so I went there Friday night. It wasn't a very productive night, only accomplishing 2 cards...but they were pretty cards, and both needed for the next day, so that was a plus.

Saturday I attended a paper crafting seminar thingy with a bunch of girls from work, and we crafted all day long...making cards, a scrapbook page, a scrapped canvas, a post-it note holder and a little goodie bag. It was a large day of crafting! We dined at a local restaurant, and our welcome-in was LESS than stellar, but the food was delish. After the crafty day ended I had to rush to the grocery store, grab ingredients to make spaghetti, rush home to make said spaghetti (part of the scrap weekend attendance at Lana's being each person was responsible for one meal), change, then get to Tracy's housewarming party, and from there, get to Krissy's birthday party. It was a long day to say the least...by the time I got to Krissy's (after midnight), the guests there had already enjoyed a number of beverages - and it was a blast to witness the aftermath. If it wasn't for the need to protect the innocent, I'd even post pictures. Needless to say, it was a late night...finally hitting the pillow at about 3am.

Sunday I finally got to Lana's at about 2pm...late start due to the late night (oy...so not young anymore), but I got a good start on a little "me" project (ideas scraplifted from the lovely Lisa Bearnson! Thanks Lisa!) I guess it was 1ish by the time I hit the pillow Sunday night.

Monday I was at Lana's for about 11:30 am; a much better start :). I got a lot more done of my "Me" book, and the crafty ladies (and Bruce ;)) dined on my spaghetti before packing my scrapbags away to finish another successful crop (*note to self: my normal 'single' batch of spaghetti nicely feeds 6 bodies...there was no need of the 'double' batch of ingredients I put together and stressed over the spillage each time I tried to stir the full full full pot). I was toooo tired to venture out for the Bachelor night with the girls :(. I hope everyone had a great time, and I'll discuss the outcome when I finally get to watch it on tape. Very bummed that I missed the homemade salsa again. Boooooooo.

So here we are....Tuesday...May 22...a cold Tuesday...and I looked out the window a few hours ago to see snow...*shudders*. I have to try to get over to Mummy's to visit with Fred & Belinda who made the trip down from Ontario. BUSY day!

No comments: