Search This Blog

Thursday 10 May 2007

sleep, interrupted

So I was sound asleep last night...when suddenly between the hours of 2 & 3 am, I was wide awake, heart-pounding awake, even....What woke me, you ask? High-pitched howling & wailing...and not by a neighborhood cat or dog! When I was more awake, I realized it was coyotes (since having the sound pointed out to me previously -- at that time, it was creepy but the sound was farther away). Last night the cries sounded like about 100 coyotes. In actuality there was likely only about 5 or 6. They sounded like they were right outside my bedroom window. The sound was terrifying. I'm surprised the cats weren't bothered by the sound. They woke up and looked around a bit but didn't tear to the window like I figured they would.

In other news, looks like the weather is going to be another beaut again today. I really should be getting my feet sandal-ready!

It's Thursday! Can't wait for Greys! I'm also going to a stamping/scrapbooking class tonight. We're making a mini album in a box. Hopefully, if it turns out well, I will have a homemade treasure to give to Mummy for Mother's Day.

No comments: