Search This Blog

Monday 28 May 2007

Scrap Happy


Well the weekend flew by...and a tired Monday ensued. The Mill River retreat was awesome! Brandi & Ang picked me up after work on Friday and we headed on our way. A quick stop at the Frosty Treat in K-Town and then to O'Leary we went. The official weekend wasn't really starting til Saturday morning, but they had a crop for Friday night for those interested, so we felt it would be easier to go early than get up at the crack of crow pee & drive in Saturday morning. I had many laughs, spent too much money (whoopsie - can I help it if the Scrap Shack has a lot of different (lovely) product that required snatching up?), and had a ton of fun! I'm quite tired today...never sleep well if I'm not in my own bed. It was worth it. I didn't get as many layouts completed as I would have liked, but the ones I did do are quite nice, if I do say so myself. As soon as I have a chance to sit down and try to learn how to post pics I'll post some on here, I promise.

Sunday night I finally got to watch my taped Bachelor Finale. I'm so glad that Tessa was the final girl. I know it's a dumb show, but I get caught up in the drama. It's like reading a dumb book...escape from reality. I have one beef though...Bevin came to the aftershow with a hot pink cast, adorned with rhinestones (gag)...advising the public that 'yes, it was really broken'. Isn't the aftershow taped after all the other shows...and didn't the 'accident' happen early in the season, and wasn't she walking around without her brace (hiking, even?) AFTER? ...and now she's in a pretty pink cast? Things that make you go hmmmm....? And I laughed out loud at the sight of Andy running on the beach in all his rippled glory...Did you ever see the Friends episode when Phoebe took up running?...and she ran carefree, like a young child? Reminiscent of that. If you didn't see the Friends episode to which I'm referring, then it could also be compared to attempting to run with a large pole up one's buttocks...all the while the pole is shoved up yonder, one is also sucking in one's abs as far as one could go...and one's arms are flailing out on either side of oneself. Get the imagery?

Enough.

So I have my first appointment with the doctor who's going to be arranging nerve tests on my wrists for a possible carpal tunnel thing. The surgeon who referred me to this guy left the impression that today's appointment was the actual nerve testing...but when the nurse called me to remind me of today's appointment she advised it was just a 'consult', and that the nerve tests themselves had to be scheduled after that. How much *MORE* time will I have to wait to end the pain? 5 mos just to get the consult. That makes me angry. One of the downs of having free medical care. I think I'll publish this post now before I get cranky.

No comments: