Search This Blog

Thursday 17 May 2007

Morning....er snow?


Well, here it is, May 17 - and we've already had record high temps...some reaching as high as 24 degrees....now, this morning it's 1 degree, and a light blanket of snow covering everything? What gives? I guess we got off lucky...considering the forecast was calling for up to 10 cm of the white stuff. I think Mother Nature and the groundhog are in cahoots...surely they must be soon done with their evil plan?

So it was coooooooooooold in the house this morning (being mid-May we decided it was smart to turn off the furnace). While the idea of going back to my warm bed to sleep in was so very attractive, I opted to get up, don a sweater, and make muffins :). The heat of the oven helped a bit, but I just gave in and turned the furnace on...as it was only 13 degrees in here. Brrr. I also thought I should get ahead of the laundry since this weekend is going to be insanely busy. So it's still early, and I have one load drying and one finishing it's wash cycle. Yay me. You watch though....I'll still likely be running late to get in to work. Go figure.

So it's Thursday! Greys' Season Finale!! Very much looking forward to it. It's also my final night to work the late shift at work; thanks to Melissa for needing a trade, I'm on the 8am-4:30 shift tomorrow. I hope I get to talk to less cranky, or at the very least, more intelligent, customers today. I mean, really...the full moon isn't til next week. :S :S

Have a great Thursday everyone.

No comments: