Search This Blog

Monday 21 February 2011

" The only reason why we ask other people how the weekend was is so we can tell them about our own weekend."*

After a full moon-Friday at work, I opted to have a quiet night in on Friday night, allowing me to finish reading my book club read, seeing as our next meeting was the following Sunday evening.  I'm pretty sure both Chris & I were down for the count before 11pm. Titillating, I know.

Saturday morning was pretty lazy (the best kind), complete with a late breakfast, and a few extra-large coffees while enjoying a movie.  We headed out to run a few errands and then it was onward to the hoppin' town of Summerside.  Melissa & Darren invited us down for the evening.  Darren was curling at the Silver Fox so we started there (that is after a slow, slippery drive (the car we saw on it's two right-sided wheels attesting to that), and multiple circles around town just to find the darn thing!).  We stayed there for a few drinks, then we dined on pizza at Michael's Pizzaria, then went back to M&D's for some trivia (Buzz trivia for the PS3 -- SO fun!).  Believe it or not, it was just about 2:30am before we figured it was time to pack it in.

Sunday, after fueling up with a huge breakfast at the Heritage, we bid adieu to our S'side friends, and then headed back home just in time to clear the pathway and the snow off my car so that the plow driver could clear the latest snowfall from our surroundings (man we've sure not been hurting for snow this winter in these here parts!).  I grabbed a quick shower, and then I was back out the door to meet my book club friends at Dawn's.  She hosted a lovely potluck, and we dined on a multitude of delicious eats (including a few curry dishes and ohhh, about 5 different desserts, among which the most sinful, most delicious, most to-die-for brownies I've ever slurped back), as we got back in touch with our teenage selves, drooling over the young Patrick Swayze & Rob Lowe in the Outsiders.  It was a great evening!

Today the rest of the Island celebrated "Islander Day", and had an extra day to their weekend.  Unfortunately for me, I wasn't among those celebrating, so it was back to work again after a whirlwind weekend.  The floors didn't get scrubbed, the bathroom is a sty, and I'm just barely finished up the week's laundry now as I type.  But you know what?  The dirty floors, the nasty bathroom and a new week's worth of laundry will be there next weekend.  I had a terrific weekend filled with good times, good food, and great friendship.  You can't get much better than that :).  Happy Monday!

*Quote by Chuck Palahniuk

No comments: