Search This Blog

Monday 21 February 2011

Hometown heroes

So I did take the 2 hrs out of my evening schedule to tune into tonight's Bachelor.  It's the hometown dates, so the remaining ladies get to show off their hometowns and try to convince Brad that their family is one most worthy of his affection.  So far, all it's done is make me crave poutine. 

After seeing Brad interact with the families, here's a few thoughts:

-Brad's facial expression when he realized that if he picked Chantal, then her 2 cats and dog would be along for the ride, left me thinking that I no longer want her to get the final rose.  She can do so much better.
-Ashley's cute, but the way her entire family scooched down onto the floor, surrounding him was kind of creepy.  He did seem to gel well with the mix though.  Oh, and also a very large eye roll to Brad when he said, "Si", to the Acadian waitress at the restaurant before he came by her parents' house.  
-Is it really a good idea for Shawntel to be having thoughts of giving up her entire legacy to run around with Brad, especially when she's still one of 4 prospects?  The look on her father's face as he realized what she was saying says it all.  I don't think he has anything to worry about.  She'll be back to take care of the family business.  Brad's way, way too uncomfortable with dead people (typed before the end of the show; I won't say, "I told you so" though :)).
-And the date we've all been waiting for...Emily and the fated meeting of the child. First off, that kid is too old to be sucking on her thumb, and the meeting between her and Brad was aaawkkkwaaard!  It even made me uncomfortable, let alone how it made him feel.  And the whole quiet time between him and Emily after the kid went to bed was even more awkward. Make that redonkulous. He didn't want to kiss her because he just met her daughter?  Get the man a direct line to his therapist, and pronto.

My early prediction?  Ashley might be the new Mrs. Womack.

2 comments:

Lana said...

I'm routing for Chantelle/Shawntel
which ever one is left. I think Ashley is a little too insecure for him. My prediction is that she goes home first next week and it will be a decision btw kids and pets.

Lana said...

oops *rooting* not routing!