Search This Blog

Monday 7 February 2011

Everybody's working for the weekend....

comic strip
There's nothing like a long weekend to break up the mundane that is the dark, cold and snowy of winter.  We got dumped on again yesterday with more snow.  I think they were calling for 20cms - not sure what the final verdict was.  Fortunately, Chris is awesome and he shoveled, and even moved my car for the plow - so I didn't even have to get out of my jammies!  I'm off today on account of having to work next Saturday, so it allowed for a long weekend.  I am slightly embarrassed to say that I've only made it from the bed to the couch and it's 2pm.  I'm currently catching up on missed tv from last week, and I did a huge clean up in my personal email box so the morning wasn't a complete write-off ;).

In addition to having today off, I also was able to take Friday past off, and Chris and I headed to Nova Scotia!  Matt had a show booked at the Marigold Theatre in Truro (actually having to add a 2nd show on Thursday night due to overwhelming popularity!  Yay Matt!), so there was no way he was going to be playing in such close proximity without us landing a seat for it!  With huge thanks to Barbara B. for orchestrating the ticket purchase, Chris and I had fabulous seats in the front row.  The show was absolutely fantastic!  He played several new songs and a few old favourites (even an encore number that he rarely performs anymore, but let's just say we were a convincing audience!).  Ever the quintessential performer, he combined humor, grace, humbleness, and down-right foot-stomping excellence into a jam packed 2 hrs!  To our delight, he also took us up on the offer to meet up with the group afterward for a bite to eat.  You can't get any better than that! One of these days, he's going to be unreachable - so we have to cherish the opportunities to get close to him that we can.  I know I sound like a broken record, but, if there are any readers out there that I've not yet reached and who've not yet heard this man -- for the love of the sweet Baby Jesus, do yourself a favour, and CHECK HIM OUT.  I guarantee you will be thrilled.  I guarantee it.  Ok, off my soapbox now (for now).

We had hoped to travel up to Halifax to take in some of the sights but on account of Mother Nature, our trip was cut short due to the snow that was being forecasted to hit PEI on Sunday morning.  We visited with his Nanny and headed back home Saturday.  Thanks to Netflix, we filled our remaining weekend hours in sheer relaxation mode, watching movie after movie, including two Stephen King stories: 1408 & Secret Window - both really good, in true SK fashion, that is.

So here I am, ya'll are updated on my wheres and whens - I'm still in the same spot on the couch as I've been since we returned on Saturday, and I have a house full of needed tidying...including Mt. Laundry.  I'll get to it...eventually. ;).  Hope you all had a super fab weekend!!  Happy Monday!

2 comments:

Shar said...

Matt Anderson = unreal. One must see him play live to appreciate his greatness.

Anonymous said...

looks like he sweats alot does the sweat spray out into the audience