Search This Blog

Monday 28 February 2011

"Awkward" - thy name is Bradley Womack

It's Bachelor Monday.  I could go on with a rant about Mother Nature, and the next storm that is passing over PEI, and the fact that this latest weather system is preventing me from taking Mom over to my aunt's funeral tomorrow...but, I won't (EFF YOU Mother Nature!).

I know there are people out there who've probably read the spoilers (oh, and p.s, PLEASE keep the info you've found to yourself!), but I'm not one who can read those (even for the lame show that the Bachelor (especially this season)) is.  However, I'll just put it out there that I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he does the exact same thing as last time. Though, would that not make the show lose a huge amount of 'credibility' if he didn't end up picking someone on his "2nd try" to find love? Hmmmm....

So all imaginings aside, tonight the backdrop is South Africa, with the 'should-you-forgo-your-individual-room' overnight dates, and the odds are now against Chantal, Emily and Ashley.

Chantal is up first. I still like her..and really think that they seem to have a connection.  They're the only ones who appear "natural" in each others' presence.  (Oh, and may I just say that I am SO effing jealous of the two of them and their safari jaunt and sighting the real life big kitties?  I swear, before I die, I'm going to be that close to a real life big kitty).  Did he just admit that he's the "most comfortable" around her? Hmm...is anyone else out there feeling a bit of deja-vu?  Did he not give the other two girls similar affirmations?  I can't help but be a little pessimistic.  It's in my nature, compounded by my pissy mood tonight.  I hope I'm wrong.  Chantal always was my early favourite, and despite a few misgivings about her emotions, and the initial reaction Brad had to her pets, I think between who's left, she's the best match for him.  If he picks anyone at all (there I go again).

Emily gets the second date- he openly admits he's intimidated by her 'past', but he gives their date his all, anyway.  First he takes her for a ride on his elephant,...er...on a South African elephant.  I don't believe he misses her daughter, nor do I think he's "ready for a 5 year old" (helllooo negative body language!).  He's.so.dang.AWKWARD with her!  Oookay ---- so, he just confessed that he's falling in love with her??!?!!?  Maybe I'm just bad at paying attention to body language?  Maybe he's just outright socially awkward in every respect, so he's unreadable.  Or, maybe we're back to him giving out a similar affirmation, like his last date, like his previous stint on the show...??

Despite confessing his love (intentions?) to Emily, he does take Ashley on the 3rd and final date, toasting her and her family as they overlooked "God's window".  A firelight dinner, and an awkward 'future' conversation later, it wasn't hard to see how the evening would end...

Soooo...Chantal Womack, and Emily as the next Bachelorette, hmmm?  *shrug*

Another 2 hrs of my life that.I.will.never.ever.get.back.  He's such a wiener.

No comments: