Search This Blog

Sunday 13 February 2011

Brown-haired girl?

So today being Sunday and all, I've not yet done too much heavy lifting or overexertion.  I did put a load of laundry in, and I have mentally checked, and re-checked the long list of 'to do' things that I have on today's agenda, but, that's as far as I've gotten, thus far.  Whilst enjoying my 2nd cup of java, and flicking through the available TV lineup, I stopped on, "A Charlie Brown Valentine".  Who doesn't love Charlie Brown, after all?

Now readers, a question:  am I the only one out there who was confused, at one time, by Peppermint Patty's gender?  See, on this particular episode, Charlie Brown intends to call the Little Red Head Girl, and mistakenly dials Marcie.  Marcie makes a reference to Peppermint Patty (who was there), saying that "she" was there to speak with CB.  I don't recall ever having this clarification previously, though I'm sure it was there and I never took pass of it.  I do recall Marcie referring to PP as "sir" though.  I mean really, give the picture a good, hard look.  Dark green, navy blue clothes...big feet.  Hair that could be longish, but not drawn back by a ponytail, nary a sweep of a curl?  And the name?  Patty, sure, possibly short for Patricia, but also could be short for Patrick.  I mean, he could be Irish, no?  That green shirt, right?  Irish green? Don't get me wrong, I'm not dissing you, Shultz, I just thought you left it open to the viewers'/readers' discretion ;).  So, for years, growing up, I thought PP was a boy.  Just sayin'.  Today, I was

{sweet baby Jesus, the MINI POPS still produce albums!??!!??!!!  (watching YTV to view my childhood favourite, Charlie Brown), And, now that I know that, I'm left to question how they're ONLY at # 7???}

enlightened.  I mean no offense to anyone who has an affection for Peppermint Patty.  Personally, if I was the one penning the character, I would have at least spelled it Patti with an "i" ;).  Ya know, just sayin' ;)

No comments: