Search This Blog

Tuesday 28 December 2010

Christmas - a recount

Like a flash, Christmas was here and gone. I'm a touch saddened ... it felt like we didn't have enough time for it to be Christmas. I'll try to recount our holiday...

Like last year, Mum & my brother went to Ontario to have Christmas with my older siblings. It's the 2nd year in a row that I've been 'orphaned', but Rosie eagerly welcomed me into their home for the festivities, so I was nowhere near 'alone' for any of it. On Christmas Eve, we went to the W homestead for supper. Every year, Rosie makes up a delicious pot of homemade seafood chowder, which is quickly becoming another symbol of Christmas for me. We sat around with a few drinks after supper. Chris brought the Wii over, and everyone, except for me, played for hours. With all the damp weather I was aching in every joint so I opted to stay seated in the lazyboy. Sadly, the W's lost track of time with the Wii play, and by the time they retired the wiimotes for the night, it was too late to head over to the Bowlan's Christmas Eve bash. We're so sorry to have missed it, Bowlans. We'll definitely convene for some post-holiday cheer very soon!

Christmas Day we slept in as late as our curious minds would allow, leaving the bed by about 9:30 or so. We didn't go too overboard on each other this year, but still managed to have a few little surprises under the tree for each other. My favourite store, Reitmans, was very popular this year, with 2 shirts, 2 necklaces, a scarf and several gift cards among my favourite prezzies. I can't freaking wait to go shopping!! 2 cozy pairs of jammies, soft slippers, the new Bon Jovi disc, a big bottle of Baileys, oodles of chocolate, sweet ornaments and the latest Grey's DVD set are also all snuggled under the tree for me. Probably my most favourite of all my presents this year is my oversized cozy throw from Chris. It's like a Snuggie on crack! It's huge and soft and so so so comfortable. Thank you to everyone for your generosity! xoxoxo

After clearing up the wrap and straightening up we then headed back to the W's for more Wii, a delicious turkey with all the trimmings, and a few movies. On Boxing Day, the W's came to us, allowing me to stay cozy in my jammies and my cozy throw (thanks W's!). Rosie brought us some leftovers for supper, and they stayed over for coffee and another movie (Chris has signed up for the free trial of Netflix. Let's just say they will be gaining anther customer next month). After our company left, we then remained snuggled and jammied, watching a bit more tv a la Netflix. We did get out for a drive that night to look at some of the Christmas lights we could find. Unfortunately, many homes were dark, possibly already packed up for another year. There wasn't any snow, either, so it didn't even feel right.

Yesterday, we had a full-on jammie day - neither one of us leaving our jammies, save a shower and donning new ones, and we watched an embarrassing amount of tv (again, thanks to Neflix!). I guess you could say we had a very relaxed holiday! Well... that was until 5am this morning when the power went out and the winds picked up for our first winter storm of the season. Thanks Mother Nature, but you're a little late with your 'gift'.

I hope all my faithful readers had a warm, relaxing holiday, filled with too much good food, and oodles of happy.

2 comments:

Fizzgig said...

my favorite gift is my fake snuggie, i use it as a blanket. microfleece should be illegal!

Anonymous said...

Where are the updates? Are you still around?