Search This Blog

Tuesday 14 December 2010

Making a list...

It's 7am and I've already had my first cup of coffee & the second load of laundry is running its cycle. I guess with the super high winds (including wind warnings) and heavy rainfall (yes, rainfall, in mid-December. We actually had a warmer day yesterday than FLORIDA) I'm lucky to have power. Truth be told, the only reason I'm up this early is because I neglected Mt. Laundry all weekend, and as I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes from my morning pee, totally prepared to dive back under the covers for at least another 4 hours, Chris gave me the puppy dog eyes lamenting about being out of underwear. I offered up a pair of mine, but he wasn't interested. I am off this week, so he's lucky I didn't tell him to just wear a dirty pair inside out. With my ever-growing 'to do' list hanging over my head, though, I started my day with less complaint than you'd imagine.

It's 10 days til Christmas Eve. 10 days. Eff word!

Weather like this more makes me wanna curl up with a good book than to prepare for Christmas. I have so much to do...including even mailing my cards. The cards which I tore through and completed in a frantic dash. The same cards that have been sitting, completed, yet un-stamped, for a frickin' week! I suck. The tree is up, yet the boxes that contained the decorations are still piled up in the hallway. And, the treetop is still bare. The laundry may be in the works, but the house looks like a complete sty. The cupboards are bare. The majority of the shopping is done, but the wrapping hasn't been started.

Suddenly I'm feeling slightly overwhelmed and have run out of things to say. Fittingly enough, the dryer just shut off, and finally, the sky is brightening up slightly so at least I don't feel like I'm up in the middle of the night. Lots to do...time to get doin'... Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

Toughie said...

Good luck getting done all the doin'! I have a list I'm chipping away at as well. WHAT DO YOU MEAN ONLY 10 DAYS???