Search This Blog

Wednesday 15 December 2010

...checking it twice...

Ooh-kay! Well, I did make it to the post office yesterday, so now the cards are off to meet their intendeds. Based on the flow of incoming cards, everyone else is in the same boat as me; that, or I just won't be getting many this year :P. I did a quick stop at English Butler to finish a few gifts, and we did get out last night to pick up a few groceries (though without a list in hand, so I can rhyme off at least 5 things we forgot). I didn't start my wrapping yet, and the house is still a mess. I have two gifts left to buy - but I know what I'm getting so it shouldn't be too stressful, unless you mention my account balance. Jeeeebus that went fast. And I don't get another pay cheque til Christmas Eve. So yeah, I'm just about done. My bank decided that one for me.

My goal is to get the house cleaned and the wrapping completed today - in time to stop over at my momma's for Mummy & Me day. I fear I may have to postpone that. It's almost 8 o'clock and I'm still wiping sleep crusties out of my eyes. So, with that, off to brew a cup of java and dig around for the scotch tape. Oh, and I'm also going to do a snow dance. This rain and damp weather has turned me into an aching, arthritic mess. Besides that, how can anyone get into any Christmas spirit without a nice blanket of snow? I can't even visit the Rustico lights without snow on the ground. Do join me, will y'all?

Happy Hump (oh sweet baby Jesus it's Wednesday already).

No comments: