Search This Blog

Thursday 16 December 2010

dear passage of time: please SLOW down.

Wow this week passed me by in a flash. I have the wrapping pretty much done - aside from the few gifts that have yet to be purchased. Yes, there are gifts left unpurchased - I'm not proud. I vowed I'd not leave it this late. The worst part? Next payday is Christmas Eve. Helllloooo Visa ;). After wrapping up the odds and ends that I picked up for Chris and sticking them under the tree, I'm feeling a little chintzy. We did say that we really weren't going 'big' for each other this year...but I might have to brave the crowds once more. Pray for me. On second thought, isn't chintzy the new "smart & responsible"? Am I reaching?

The house has yet to be cleaned and dusted. I guess this weekend will not be one of relaxation and looking proudly over the work I've accomplished. Damnit. Tomorrow morning I have an appointment to get my winter tires put on (perhaps THAT will bring on the damn snow??), and today I have a lunch date with one of my BFF's and my new boyfriend. He's fairly quiet and is scrumptiously CUTE!! After my visit with Tanya and Ryder I'm heading onward to Mummy's for our final "Mummy & Me" night for the year. She's leaving me again for Christmas *sniff* to spend the holidays with Fred, Belinda and Cathy and her family. I'm a little bummed about it, but again, it will be an easier holiday with less running around. I hope she stays her butt home next year, though. Hey Fred & Belinda - Cathy, even....come to PEI next year, would ya?

Okay, okay, once more it's time to sit down, shut up, and relax -- and try to look beyond the hustle & bustle and the stress of the preparations to think about the true meaning of Christmas, and the love of family and friends. If one has this abundance of love, they have the best Christmas present in the world.

1 comment:

Lana said...

Your new boyfriend??? Please tell....