Search This Blog

Friday 27 August 2010

Summer 2010

Well, now that Old Home Week has come and gone, we're all left to face the inevitable truth, and that is the end of summer. I've been a bad blogger -- barely scraping by with keeping this updated , and that's only thanks to a slight BB obsession. I would never normally say that I lead an overly exciting or busy life, but I guess these past few months have been pretty busy. I'm going to try to pinpoint the highlights - this blog serves as my journal, so there are a few moments that I don't want to forget! :)
  • a great evening of entertainment & friendship thanks to the hospitality of Jo & Barry, and to Irish Mythen for lending her talent (as well as Andrew & Nikki). We had an opportunity to also meet Irish's parents, so that was super special. Irish is the spit of her momma!
  • I was lucky enough to witness a live taping of the Live! with Regis and Kelly show when they took their crew on-site to PEI. It was an extremely successful endeavor by Tourism PEI -- and I don't think that any amount of money or any marketing scheme could have ever been as successful as how they promoted our Island for us.
  • a successful baby shower for momma-to-be Tanya**! Julie R graciously offered up her new beautiful home to host a baby shower. She received so many beautiful gifts, and it was so, so nice to see her mom Vivien & her aunt Grace in attendance.
  • I was able to waltz down memory lane a bit as Lana and I went thru the entire Degrassi High series in two get togethers. It was so fun :).
  • I rode in a HOT AIR BALLOON!!
  • Eating -- oh there was so much eating ;)....thanks to the Moshers, and to Matt & Nicole for your generous hospitality and hosting your bbq suppers for Chris and myself. The food was delish, and the company was even better!
  • Speaking of eating, we had the opportunity to try out a few PEI restaurants that we'd not yet been to: Globe World Flavours, PEI Preserve Co, The Pearl Cafe, and the Doghouse (no website to link). Oh and ice cream. There's.been.SO.much.ice.cream. Soft serve cones, dilly bars, blizzards, flurries, oh my! I fear even the comfort fit waistbands might be a little tight for the next while...time to start eating like a rabbit *frown*.
  • I was able to witness an evening of multiple shooting stars (it was a meteor shower, but, it was all shooting stars to me :)).
  • Summer fun and friendship go hand in hand. I'm so glad that I had the chance to visit a few folks "from away", including an excellent supper out with a visiting Kelly and and the girls from work; a really fun evening at Carolyn's momma's house as she was home visiting from the big metropolis of Sturgis, SK *wink*; a quick chat with a visiting Kathleen and her granddaughter Elyse; and, a great chance to catch up with a few old Watts' alumni while a visiting Shawn was here for his annual trip home.
  • I participated in the 7th Annual Corey Stevenson Memorial Tournament. By participating, I mean I sat in a fold-up chair for hours watching a far-away hole to witness the chance of giving away $10,000. The money didn't go, unfortunately, but I had a really great time, and I felt a sense of comfort knowing that I've finally participated in Corey's memory. Every year previous, the weather hasn't cooperated with the tourney. This year the sun shone bright and warm the whole time. I figure Corey was mad at me for not going previous years. I brought the sunshine. I'll be there from now on, Corey, and I hope to keep on bringing the sunshine. I miss you, buddy - so much, xo.
  • On the forefront for this upcoming weekend, I have an end of summer gathering for work on Friday night; a party hosted by the lovely Bowlans that's sure to be a blast on Saturday night; and, a baby shower for Pam and her new little bundle, Ayden on Sunday afternoon. September looks a little slower...I'll blog more then, I promise :).
It's been a fantastic summer, filled with so many excellent memories. I'm so fortunate to have so many great friends in my life. Raising a glass to Summer '10 ;)


**Exciting update: This post has been in my drafts for a few days as I compose when I have a few free moments. I'm happy to report that Tanya gave birth to a healthy baby boy on August 26th at 9:34 am. Welcome to the world, little Jared "Ryder" Mason! Tanya, I'm SO proud of you! I cannot wait to meet your gorgeous boy! xoxoxo

1 comment:

Rhonda Bowlan said...

Amber , I say it all the time ....you are such a talented writer! And I love thus picture of you guys-it's beautiful!!!