Search This Blog

Thursday 26 August 2010

Don't get yer knickers in a knot - you might find yourself looking for a new pair

We had a very busy weekend pass by last weekend (to be highlighted in another post). As such, I didn't get an opportunity to climb Mt. Laundry. My 'cleaning fairy' took it upon himself to do a load of darks on Sunday night (I could barely keep my eyes open by the time we landed home to our little domain, so it sure as heck wasn't going to be done by me :)).

The next morning, he even folded some of them. And, at one point made a remark along the lines of, "Gee, it's a good thing I did that load of laundry last night or today would have been uncomfortable with my available choice of boxers".

This morning, at the crack of crowpee as I stumble and fumble around looking for a clean pair of my own skivvies I'm left a little puzzled....the folded pile that was "my pile" from cleaning fairy's doing contained only a few shirts and a few pairs of capris. No skivvies. I thought, "Ok, cool, he chose to only fold those things that mattered. No worries. The remainders are likely still in the dryer". I stumble, one eye open, to the dryer...to be met with a lighted, empty dryer.

Luckily, with some rummaging, I did find an okay pair to put on. Not the type I'd wanna be caught in an accident with and having to have some ambulance hottie cut through my skirt to get to...but, I'll get by. And, I have a few loads of laundry to attend to this evening. *ahem*

Moral of the story: always clean your own drawers...or, when you're cleaning fairy opts to throw in a laundry load, ensure to grab a few and throw them in on top*. I'm not ready to fire my cleaning fairy just yet ;).

*though puzzling -- he had to rummage around my dirty skivvies to avoid loading any into his laundry pile?

No comments: