Search This Blog

Tuesday 3 August 2010

Roses, letdowns and rainbows...

Hello my Bachelorette-watching lovelies... I joined Erin, Julie & Tanya last night over at Tanya's house to tune into the finale. I was heartbroken by Ali's decision to let Chris go, but I do think it was a mature way to do it. I mean, really, if her mind was already made up (perhaps a scripted "not the norm" action that was written and directed to try to make the show look unscripted??!), it was the right thing to do, as opposed to spending the whole day with the guy and being "there", and "in it", only to drive his hopes up even further. His reaction was very mature (and might I add that I was indeed surprised that he held it together like he did. I truly thought he was a fragile little egg one crack shy of opening up).

I never hated Roberto, so I'm not in a frenzy about her choice. As the show progressed, I liked her less and less though...that whine.... They will indeed make beautiful, beautiful babies (don't get me started on my opinions surrounding babies made out of a union organized and initiated through a reality-tv show though. My only saving grace is Trista & Ryan).

Perhaps Chris' fish is in the sea. If you play along that the show is not scripted, finding the rainbow in the sky as he was getting ready to depart was bittersweet loveliness. I do hope his momma is shining down on him and lighting the way to his true happiness. I know not if the decision is fully made - but I know speculation abounds - re: him being the role of the next Bachelor (and spoilers don't ruin this for me - I will watch "After the Rose" soon...I just couldn't keep my eyes open last night). I've not made my mind up yet if I think that's the best idea for him...

Next up - the drama in the Pad....... ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

britney win veto - nomenateions stay same - I like brit nice rack

Anonymous said...

Amber, you are going to have to squash this anonymous bug.

Lana said...

I was so heartbroken that she didn't pick Chris!!
Her laugh drives me nuts.
Well, I guess there's no need to watch BB on Wednesday. Good thing the voting is live, so no spoilers.

Amber said...

I was heartbroken for him - but I think he's better off in the long run. He deserves more than a reality-showmance.

I've opted to shut off ability to comment anonymously. I didn't want to, but now it's starting to piss me off.