Search This Blog

Tuesday 4 May 2010

When Tuesday is merely an extension of Monday...

...It was windy last night. And warm. We've moved the bed under the window due to an additional piece of furniture for the room. Point blank, there is no other way to arrange the room. Because it was warm, the window was ajar by approximately 4 inches. The blinds, a heavy plastic, were swaying and clanking in the breeze. Of course it woke me up - multiple times, until the final time I decided to close the window and try to get back to sleep. A short while later I awake (well truth be told I don't know if I was ever into any deep REM sleep anyway) to Chris re-opening the window. It was still windy. The blinds continued to clang.

I rose out of bed feeling as though I hadn't slept at all.

I'm working an earlier shift today on a trade. A trade that I should have thought more about. I was originally scheduled 8:30 til 5 - with my hair appointment falling at 5:30. It kinda worked out perfectly. But, I went ahead and traded -- for a 7:30-4. WTF? I suppose I could shop around for a bit more retail therapy because Lord knows it couldn't hurt. With 3 paydays in April you'd think a girl would have a little bit of extra play money the first week of May, eh? Well, 2 of my major payments are bi-weekly, so no. Add a forgotten car payment and an unpaid (now past due) phone bill and you have me back into overdraft with payday being Friday...of NEXT week...aaand an expensive hair appointment yet to pay for.

Eff word.
If you're looking for me I'll be scrounging around the roadways and ditches looking for spare pennies to add together for a lottery ticket purchase.

No comments: