Search This Blog

Monday 3 May 2010

The Monday Blues

It's one of "those days"....and Monday, wrapped up all in one. Glorious. I treated myself to a chocolate milkshake at lunch, as well as a little retail therapy. It seemed to help a touch. I picked up a pair of jeans, a light sweater and two t-shirts at Reitmans -- all on sale. And, tonight I'm meeting up with Angela, LA, Maria, and perhaps a few others - those are the only ones I know of for sure. We're grabbing a quick bite at Pizza Delight followed by a movie. We're seeing the Back-Up Plan. I hear it's funny, so it should take the blahs of Monday away. Least I hope so.

We had a fairly busy weekend. Friday night the Moshers came by to watch the hockey game and eat some munchies. It was great to see them, and I have to say, having company come by Friday night is great because it forced me to clean the house (including the laundry!), leaving the rest of my weekend free to me. Well, the house certainly isn't as spic and span as I'd like...but I digress. We didn't watch much of the game, but many laughs were had. Thanks Moshers!

Saturday, Chris & I did a bit of running around, followed by supper out at Boston Pizza. I still had a $50 gift card leftover from Christmas. Our tab came to $48 and change so that took care of that rather nicely. We then just headed home and called it an early night.

Sunday we headed to a few Open Houses. No, don't all go and get your knickers in a knot...we're really not "in the market"...though we'd love to be. We probably have another few years left of being 'hood-ridden, but it's nice to look. It's just too bad that we fell COMPLETELY in love with two different ones (side by side) in Hunter River... To be honest, I'm a little bummed and perhaps that's what's led to my 'case of the Mondays' (aside from the obvious fact that it is Monday). Bah! If we could just win the lottery. I don't ask for a huge pot -- even a couple hundred thousand would be perfect. I wonder if I should be tracing my family tree. Perhaps somewhere in the depths of the South I have a long-lost uncle who has bazillions of dollars in his mattress... Yeah, that's what I thought.

On that note, break's over....back to work.

Happy Monday ya'll. Let's all be thankful that Monday is only 1 day per week :P.

No comments: