Search This Blog

Tuesday 25 May 2010

And it's now all down to two...

The night is here -- it's now a showdown between better and best, and Crystal and Lee. I'm going to do my very, very best to remain impartial. I promise ;). Here is a play by play of my thoughts, as I heard them, start to finish:

Lee, "The Boxer" - Fabulous beginning. I adore Lee singing this song, and I had as many goosebumps, if not more, as I did when I first heard him sing it. He sang it well, and he performed it well. And to quote Simon, if that was a "kiss on the cheek", I cannot WAIT to hear one that'll reach my lips.
Crystal, "Me and Bobby McGee" - Again, a strong beginning for Crystal. She had amazing stage presence, and engaged the audience. Did I love it more than Lee? No. And that might be because he doesn't scream. I'm not going to compromise on that thought, either.

Lee, "Everybody Cries" - He sang it wonderfully, but, I have to admit, it wasn't my favourite Lee DeWyze song.
Crystal, "Black Velvet" - I think she over-sang it. I didn't like it. Obviously, I am off the kilter of the judges' thoughts. Maybe if I was there? It would be different? If the commentaries thus far are anything to do with it, they're sealing the fate of Crystal's win, though.

Lee, "Beautiful Day" - I hate to have to admit this, but this wasn't good, and it wasn't as strong as he needed to be to end the night and leave a final impression...nerves? Quite likely. He will undoubtedly go far in his career, and he will have hit albums. When it comes to AI on the final night to showcase himself he started high, and ended low, which could be the deciding factor between first and second :(.
Crystal, "Up to the Mountain" -She did a beautiful job of this song - and for the most part, the screaming seemed to 'work'. I wasn't a huge fan of her first and second songs, but that was amazing. And, there you have it folks, against what I believed before tuning into the show, I think you have your winner right there.

Tune in tomorrow night to see if I'm right.

Simon, I shall miss you terribly - I may not even watch again.

1 comment:

Rhonda Bowlan said...

I hate to admit it, but I think you're right-Crystal will win-as much as I want it to be Lee!