Search This Blog

Tuesday 11 May 2010

Better left at the movies

Movie songs with the mentorship of Jamie Foxx. If I recall correctly, Jamie was a really good mentor last year. I looked forward to what the Idols were going to bring to the table before it started, but was left feeling a little disappointed. By far, the duets outshone the solo performances of the night.

Lee - "Kiss from a Rose" - it was a song that could have showcased his range. And he did - for the most part. I dunno if it was nerves or the fact that he had to go first...but there were a few moments I went "oy!".
Mike - "Will You Be There" - he BORES me. I very much enjoyed Simon's commentary though. 10 outta 10 for Simon.
Lee & Crystal - "Falling Slowly" - *GOOSEBUMPS*! That was friggin' wicked!
Casey - "Mrs. Robinson" - I enjoyed this song with the strum of the mandolin. I think he did a good job. Not his best ever, but better than lately.
Crystal - "I'm Alright" - She's back! The old Crystal that I came to love has made a recovery. There were a few spots where she screamed that I could have done without though.
Casey & Mike -"To Really Love a Woman" - Lovely job, boys. Lovely -- well, that was until that final note...wow. You both sealed your positions tomorrow night.

Wow -- it's getting tough to pick faves and unfaves...I was scared tonight, after a shaky performance from Lee, but felt a bit more confident when Mike and Casey showcased that n-a-s-t-y note. So, bottom 2: Casey & Mike, with Big Mike FINALLY going home.

Um.....did I just hear both Daughtry AND my BON BON will be on tomorrow's show??!??!! Man I wish I had a DVR. My Chris Daughtry, my Bon Bon and bidding adieu to Big Mike -- gonna be a big night tomorrow night, folks.

1 comment:

Rhonda Bowlan said...

I have the DVR set! Tomorrow night's gonna be hot!!!