Search This Blog

Wednesday 26 May 2010

Leaving stuff unsaid...

Ok so I decided to pop into my "Drafts" folder the other day to see how many forgotten posts have been started but left to sit and go moldy, and there are quite a few. One of these days I shall revisit the folder and revisit the old moldy posts, and you'll be in for hours of thought-provoking and witty prose. Riiiiight ;).

One of the reasons why I decided to start a blog was to have a venue to compose my thoughts, as I've always been better at 'thinking something through' when I write it out. I also keep up the blogging because I love to write, and it forces me to practice proper punctuation, grammar, sentence structure, etc. I'm constantly editing what I've posted, and it bothers me to no end when I discover a typo after it's been up for the world to see (yeah, a little Type A - don't judge!). What I wouldn't give for someone to 'find' me on the Interwebs, read my blog and want me to make a movie out of my life, a la Julie Powell. That, or to be offered a deal to write a book, or, better still, offered to pay me to blog! ;). A girl can dream, but I digress...

Mostly, this little corner of the www serves as a virtual journal to recount my daily comings and goings, so I have something to look back on at future times. Periodically I find myself going back over the years on the blog to see what I was doing on that very day the last year, and 2 and 3 years prior to that. I am a bit censored on this though so maybe I'm just fooling myself into thinking that this portal really is there to mark my time in history? Maybe I should have initiated it more annonymously? But, I am who I am. I'm not ashamed of the words I've written...and for some of my more 'censor-worthy' musings I've left them to sit in Drafts -- where they may never move from, or may someday find their way 'online' should I see fit later on... So, I suppose it does serve it's purpose for me.

I'm so glad you're all here with me along the way. Thanks for reading :). Stick around, would ya?

No comments: