Search This Blog

Tuesday 18 May 2010

I *heart* Lee

So now our Top 3 are in a standoff to see who will make it to the bitter end, and the final two. I was glad to hear two songs from each tonight.

And Round 1, Contestant's Choice:
Casey - Ok, It's Alright By Me - It was alright. But that was about it. He's still pretty, but he's starting to sound the same...you know what happens when they all start sounding the same...
Crystal - Come to My Window - nice touch with the harp, girl! A good, solid Crystal Bowersox performance.
Lee - Simple Man - I knew he was going to kill this song when I heard what he was going to sing. And he did. Ladies and gentleman,.....your next American Idol! Have I told you lately that I love him? He reminds me of an ex-boyfriend. Only hotter. And cooler. A lot cooler.

Round 2, The Judges Choose:
Casey - Daughters - Well, it was good, but it was no Lee.
Crystal - Maybe I'm Amazed - why does screeching = 'good singing' (in the eyes of the judges)?? I love her; I know she can sing, but I just can't handle the screeching. Maybe if I saw it live I'd be more appreciative? Maybe I'm just so Lee-biased?
Lee - Hallelujah - I literally squealed out loud when I heard the announced choice for him...and I had goosebumps before he even strummed a chord... and tears in my eyes when he hit his last. Without question he was the best of the night. Feck, I had goosebumps just hearing the commentaries. BRAVO!

BTW, Casey will not be joining Crystal next week as she steps aside to see Lee crowned the winner.

No comments: