Search This Blog

Tuesday 18 May 2010

Grasping at grateful

Some days life can get to a person. Small inconveniences or annoyances can grate on one's nerves. A laugh. A voice. A smell. The temperature in your surroundings. Seeing others play when you're working...

I'm having one of those kind of days so I feel it necessary to compose a list of things I'm grateful for. Sometimes we need a little remindin'...

- I'm grateful for the love of my family and my friends.
-I'm grateful for the shelter I have -- though I'd love to get into a prettier, larger house, I DO have a roof over my head that doesn't leak.
-I'm grateful to have a job while so many people out there are looking for gainful employment,
-I'm grateful for comfort fit waistbands. Mr. or Mrs. Reitmans, I LOVE you. Thank you for the ingenious invention. Please don't stop creating these trendy fashions.
-I'm grateful that it was a beautiful sunny day, and I was able to take advantage of it for a few minutes when I took my lunch to the park and ate on the parkbench.
-Seeing my mom's eyesight failing over time, I'm grateful for my own eyesight, and to be able to see the world.

I am grateful.

Sometimes it doesn't look like it or sound like it....but I am.

I hope you're all able to find your own grateful. Happy Tuesday.

2 comments:

Rhonda Bowlan said...

Amber,you are so right!!! We all need to stop and think this way! That was just what I needed to read today! Thank you, my friend! :)

Lana said...

On my last day in Guatemala, I made a list of everything I was grateful for - from things as silly as being able to put ice in my drinks without fear of getting sick and being able to flush paper down the toilet to more "deeper" blessings such as public health care and public education past grade 6. It was a very lengthy list and made me realize how blessed and fortunate I am. It really put life into perspective. I think we all need to take stock from time to time. Hope it picked you up today and helped you get through your day.