Search This Blog

Friday 8 January 2010

I'm lovin' it?

Last weekend Chris and I went over to Mom's to have our "Christmas". We opened the gifts that remained, and she treated us to supper. (I tried to convince her the necessity in the making of a Christmas bird, complete with Dad's homemade stuffing, but she just didn't bite). She always leaves the decision for the supper choice up to us, but of course I do try to survey the audience (my own terrible tendency to never make a decision - that should have been on my list of 'resolves'. Perhaps next year. Yeah). I asked Mom what she wanted and she said "McDonalds". That's not her normal response, and we all kind of giggled, and ended up settling on Chinese, actually. However, Wednesday night she and I were out again, and she again was treating to supper so of course we did the, "I don't know...what do you want? I don't know...what do you want", exchange. She again said, "McDonalds", but then expressed the thought that perhaps one of those "baconeater" things at Wendys would be good. Unrelated, we ended up at Papa Joe's and I had Lebanese and she had fish and chips! I'm thinking the next momma night we'll have to grab a drive-thru stash of Mickey D's, though to quench that recurring craving.

I haven't been as diligent in staying on top of news events lately, but all that McDonald's talk with Mom left a good segway for the following news 'events'. The next time you get a hankerin' for a Big Mac or nugget combo, be careful! There are indeed a few nutcases out there. I suppose it's only proof-positive that it takes 'all kinds' to make the world go 'round. The scary thought - the fact that both incidents are only 2 days apart. And, no, the stories don't involve the same person. I checked.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/WeirdNews/2010/01/04/12341336.html

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/WeirdNews/2010/01/06/12364161-ap.html

Happy Friday :)

No comments: