Search This Blog

Friday 25 September 2009

Relaxation is key

Day 1 of my 4 day weekend was fairly relaxing...sleeping in til the very same hour that I was starting work all this week ;). I attacked Mount Laundry with success...there's still a load in the dryer (only towels though), and there are stacks of clothing all over the bed rather than away where they belong (the worst part of doing laundry IMO). That took much of the day - in between watching a bit of tv and catching up on blog reading.

After a quick supper I was off to Starbucks with the girlies to sip on a whip creamed hot beverage and catch up on each others' lives. It was delightful, long overdue, and something we must get into a routine to do very regularly (well, the "meeting up", that is, on the 'routine' thing. Not so sure I need to routinely sip on a grande cafe mocha with whip cream and a side of banana bread on a routine basis! ;)).

When I returned home from meeting the girls, guilt got to me and I hopped on the Wii Fit (truth be told the SOLE reason I did so was because Chris was just finishing; had it not been turned on, I'da planted my ample arse atop the couch and checked Facebook, without a doubt). Surprisingly enough, I was down 4lbs from the last time I was on it. We'll not mention how many days it'd had been...suffice it to say that enough days had passed to result in a larger difference on the 'scale'. And, my Wii Mii is still considered obese. Awesome. Least I feel a little less guilt about the whip cream, though.

Tomorrow is the Beer & Wine Festival for Fall Flavors...totally getting psyched up for that. I can't promise that I won't be taking home a bottle of something. My biggest concern tomorrow is deciding on whether to sample the beers or the wines...my body doesn't deal with the mixing of the two very well. Update tomorrow, no doubt.

Night peeps :)

P.S. Greys was slightly draining last night, and I was fairly mentally unstable through the first half. I'm overly disappointed with George's departure, but they handled it well. Not sure what I feel about Seattle Grace 'merging' with Mercy... We'll see how that unfolds. I can only hope that McSteamy continues to be a pivotal role. Mmmm....McSteamy...although he is an ass, his question about whether or not George was "hung" made me laugh OUT LOUD. I *heart* Greys.

No comments: